Monday, January 11, 2016

Blog #0

I have had pretty basic experiences when it comes to technology. I use a laptop frequently, however I mostly just use the internet or Microsoft Word. I know the basics of power point, but I never learned how to effectively use Excel. I feel confident that I know how to use technology enough to get by in life, but since I want to be a teacher I would like to become more proficient in using technology.
I hope to learn a great deal about using technology in the classroom to teach this semester. I want to be an elementary school teacher and I feel like learning these technological skills would really benefit me. I would like to learn more about how to use Excel since I have limited knowledge about it. I would also like to learn how to use multiple areas of technology together in order to effectively get information disseminated.
By taking the learning styles quiz, I learned that in some areas I am not very particular in how I like to learn, but in other areas I am very particular. I scored a 7 in the sensing learner category which means I prefer ideas and theories to be related to real world concepts in order for me to understand them. I scored a 3 in the sequential category which means that I prefer for information to be presented in a sequential order. It is easier for me to understand the information being given if it is presented like this. I often get confused when information is sporadic or unorganized. I scored a 1 for both active and verbal learning styles. In these categories I only have a slight preference towards learning these ways, but can easily adapt if the information is presented differently.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, Jennifer! I'm glad that you are eager to learn more about technology so that it will benefit your future classroom. I hope you leave this class as a more confident technology user!

    ReplyDelete