Monday, March 21, 2016

Blog Post #8

I think the technological advancement of the 3D printer holds a big promise in education. The 3D printer can be used to create a variety of tools for students, including specialized tools for special needs students. Also, using a 3D printer to make learning tools is very cost effective and pretty simple.

I am on the side of the digital divide that allows all students, regardless of the technology they have access to, to be given an equal education. I think that assignments outside of the classroom should not be web based or deal with technology, since not all students will have an easy time accessing these resources. The digital divide is something that I will have to be understanding of when I am a teacher. As a teacher I will make sure all technological learning and activities are done in class, and that the homework I give is primarily hand written, this way everyone can do it. If I do need to assign homework on the computer, I will make sure I provide ample time and opportunities for students to use the computers and technology at school so they do not fall behind.

I learned a lot from this PowerPoint assignment. I already knew how to use PowerPoint, however I had never really thought about how I would have to learn to use it to teach students in the future. I didn't really learn anything new, but it did give me good and necessary practice for my future. I also had never really used the speaker notes, but that is something I can definitely see myself using more. I think I can improve it next time by finding new ways to present the information. I think maybe using a different type of list than the one I used would be a good way to do this. In the future I will be creating PowerPoints like this for my students so I thought the assignment was very helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment