Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Blog Post #7

Using Bloom's Taxonomy to support student learning in a particular lesson on powerpoint can be a useful tool. The create step of Blooms' Taxonomy is utilized when you create your powerpoint. The evaluate step is utilized when you evaluate if your student is learning and gauge their information retention. The analyze step is utilized if you depict graphs and charts on the powerpoint that help to enforce the topic. The applying step would be utilized when getting students to apply what they have learned to real world situations, and maybe embedding a video in the powerpoint that depicts this. The understanding step is utilized when you list key bullets on the powerpoint, but give an in depth explanation of each. Lastly, the remembering step is utilized if you include a short quiz or an interactive activity on the last slide of the powerpoint that will help students remember the lesson.

Adaptive technologies are devices such as hearing aids, word processors, braille, etc. They are used to support learners that may have a disability in a certain area and need the extra help. A guy in my high school classes was deaf and used a hearing aid to assist him in learning. The challenges I perceive in using adaptive technologies in my classroom is that they might not always work and then I would have to find other ways to help that student that needs support.

A acquired a lot of new skills from working on the Web Page Design assignment. I had never created a website before so trying to figure out how to make one was a slow but rewarding process. I liked that I had room to be as creative as I wanted and design the website to my own liking. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't figure out how to embed a calendar! I think this assignment will help me in my future because it provided me with the basic skills that I need to create a website for my future students and their parents.
http://msketchamsclass.weebly.com/
***Sorry this is late! I accidentally clicked save instead of publish yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't think about adaptive technologies working all the time when I did my blog post! You definitely always need a back up plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that would be a very intricate problem. Not quite sure what to do if a student needs an a specific learning technology like a hearing aid. Hearing aids are specific to the individual so its not like you can just use any replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I also agree that this assignment helped me learn skills and warm up to the idea of having a website for my classroom someday! I think it's a great and easy way students and parents can stay connected with the teacher 24/7.

    ReplyDelete