Monday, February 29, 2016

Blog Post #6

I visited a website for Switlik Elementary School. Each teacher had a class page linked to the main website. Most of the class pages publicly showed information such as upcoming events, what the students are learning, and how parents can help their students continue to learn at home. Some of them also included material lists and special programs that the teachers do for their students. I specifically looked at the class pages for first grade students. The picture below depicts one of the class pages I visited.



I envision myself using technology in my classroom to make lessons more efficient and effective. I see myself using a smart board and allowing students to interact with it in order to make my lessons more engaging and interactive for the students. I also see myself using virtual reality in the classroom to take my students on virtual field trips. This would allow my students to explore many places that they might not actually get to go in real life.

Some new skills I acquired from working on the Web Evaluation wiki was how to create a wiki and also how to evaluate web sources. I liked that the wiki was fairly easy to create and after exploring the site for a little bit I had a pretty good grasp on how to use it. I did not like that only one group member could edit the wiki at once. This made it harder to all work on the wiki when it was convenient for us. In the future I can use these skills to create web evaluations for my students and even for myself to use in the classroom.


1 comment:

  1. I agree that it would be more helpful if different members of the group could edit the Wiki at the same time.

    ReplyDelete