Monday, February 15, 2016

Blog Post #4

LAFS.8.RL.1.2 
Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text, including its relationship to the characters,setting, and plot; provide an objective summary of the text. https://learnzillion.com/lesson_plans/8416-determine-the-central-idea#fndtn-lesson
The website is a lesson plan that gives the option for students to choose if they want a short or long version of the supplemental material. It has videos and tutorials on how to find the theme of a story. I would use it as a homework assignment that my students had to look over.

In the past I have just used google to search for resources by typing in what I was looking for. My methods, while not necessarily technologically advanced, relate to the method in the podcast of using open sources. This information is open to everyone and is predominantly what I used when doing research.

I learned new techniques on how to find sources from the internet. A surprise would be that it was definitely harder than I thought to locate the sources and relate them to and ELA standard. For the webhunt challenge, I challenge you to find these two things: A primary source video on the upcoming presidential election, and a lesson plan that covers the multimedia literacy standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment