Monday, February 1, 2016

Blog Post #2


As a student I have used Microsoft Word to type all my papers and typed assignments. I mostly just used it for essays in high school and in college. I have seen my teachers use it to create assignments as well as disseminate information to us. Now that I know how to use more functions on Microsoft Word, I anticipate myself using it more for assignments as well as personal work.

In my experience as a student, I have had to deal with the copyright and fair use of materials mainly by citing sources in a research paper, or by citing images. I did not really know much about the copyright and fair use laws until I read about them, but I have seen them play into my education to prevent plagiarism. As a teacher I would make sure to cite where I got any published information from and also to find out who created the source I want to use and what steps I need to take to use it. I was also stress to my students that they should always cite their sources.

I have a personal twitter account so I already knew how to use it. However, I never really used the hashtag for anything so I liked how I learned to connect to other is my class with the #FSUedtech hashtag. I like how I can see what others are posting pertaining to the class. In the future I can use this knowledge to connect with other teachers as well as share my own ideas through hashtags on twitter. Twitter would also be a good way to communicate with parents as well as students (if they are old enough to use Twitter)

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed learning about hashtags and I hope that you will connect with other students in this course throughout the semester.

    ReplyDelete