Monday, February 15, 2016

Blog post #3

I feel like I am most prepared to teach multimedia literature. I had experience with this standard in my classrooms growing up and I feel like I have a good grasp on it.  I wish I had more preparation for "use multiple sources". While I know how to use multiple sources in my assignments I am not quite sure how to assess if someone else has. I feel like it will take me some time to grasp all the concepts required by the ELA standards.


Based on chapter 9 I think I want to use dropbox with my students. I have had many instances in which my computer crashes and I lose work, so I feel like dropbox would be very beneficial to my students. I think I will need to address appropriate and inappropriate web content with my students. I want to teach elementary school so it is important they are not exposed to anything they shouldn't be.

I acquired the skills to make an effective newsletter that actually looks somewhat appealing. I also learned more useful skills for Microsoft word.  I liked that it is going to help me prepare for when I actually need to make classroom newsletters. I didn't like that it took me a while to complete but that was mostly due to my slow technological skills. I also had a hard time thinking of the topics to include. 

5 comments:

  1. I think it's interesting to have elementary students learning how to use dropbox, but I think it could be a very useful thing for them to learn at an early age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to learn more about how to use multiple sources and how to teach others how to use them as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about teaching with multiple sources. I feel that I have a good grasp on a lot of technology, considering I was raised using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you on the slow technological skills. It took me awhile to make my newsletter also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropbox is a great resource definitely something I would use in the classroom and make available to my students.

    ReplyDelete